Handling of Personal Information Obtained from Toray International Inc's Web site
Toray International Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "Toray International") respects the privacy of its customers. The Web site operated by Toray International upholds Japanese laws regarding the protection of personal information. We handle personal information with discretion, and operate our site on the basis of the policy stated below.
Toray International Inc.
- We will abide by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan, as well as related laws.
- We will act according to the follwing policies, will handle personal information properly, and will take measures to ensure the security of personal information.
- We will strive to preserve the ecology through our development and expansion of environmentally friendly products and services.
- Collection of information upon consent, maintaining accuracy of information
- Clarification of the purpose of the usage of information
- Placing limits on the use by the purpose
- Maintaining safety
- Protection of the rights of the information source
- Establishment and operation of the system to protect personal information
- We will continue to improve the means to handle Personal Information.
II. Personal Information retained at Toray International and the Purpose of Use
- Customers' Personal Information
- Communication of information needed for delivery of goods and providing services, or other information necessary
- Correspondence for inquiries
- Personal information concerning board members of business partners
- Data analysis and questionnaires for development of new products
- Personal information of employees, employees of government & municipal offices, and related individuals
- Correspondence for business purposes, announcements, negotiations, or inquiries
- Personal information of applicants and potential recruits
- Communicating and providing information concerning recruitment
- Personal information concerning board members, employees and their family members, and retired staff
- Information needed for administration of personnel & human affairs, wage, social insurance, benefits
III. Non-disclosure to Third Parties
Toray International does not disclose or provide personal information provided by customers to any third parties, except in the circumstances below.
- When the customer has given consent.
- When the disclosure of information to *business contractors or business partners is required in order to achieve objectives of the customer in using this site. In this event, Toray International shall take all necessary steps to ensure appropriate handling of personal information by te party to which it supplies the information.
- When disclosure of personal information is required by law, information will be provided only to the relevant government agencies.
* Handling of Pesonal Information
Entrustment of Payment Services
Payment services are entrusted to companies listed below.
Company Name(payment services)
SBI VeriTrans Co. Ltd. (http://www.veritrans.co.jp)
SMBC Finance Service Co. Ltd. (http://www.smbc-fs.co.jp)
Contents of personal information
Following data will be exchanged between above companies:Transaction ID, address, name, telephone number, e-mail address, payment amount, credit card number and expiration date
Purpose of the Use of Personal Information
Personal information provided by the customer will be used solely for payment of goods and services, and prohibit any use otherwise.
Disclosure of Personal Information to companies handling payment services
Toray International may, upon request of the above companies, inform or provide below information to those companies (only for payment services).
Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, details of goods ordered and sent.
Toray International shall take all reasonable and appropriate security measures for preventing illegal, outside access to personal information and the loss, destruction, alteration or leakage of personal information in order to ensure the secure management of the personal information of customers. We have established regulations on the security of information and make sure that all employees are aware of the regulations.
V. Requests for Alterations to Registered Information
When there is a customer request for the alteration, confirmation, correction, addition, or deletion of personal information already registered, Toray International shall use appropriate methods to make the alterations only after confirming that the request has been made either by the customer or by a party subcontracted by the customer.
- Inquiries for personal information (customer)
- Please send documents listed to the Contact Window below.
- (1) Request form (particular format is not designated)
Please include customer's name, address, telephone number, and details and reasons of the request.
- (2) ID documents Driver's licence, copy of a) passport or b) health insurance card or c) pension handbook.
- Inquiries for personal information (representative)
- In addition to 1(1) above, please attach documents including the representative's name, address, telephone number, letter of trust, proof of persoal seal registration(of the personal seal stamped on the letter of trust), ID documents (please refer to 1(2)).
- Contact Window
- 5-7F. JP Bldg., 4-4, Nihonbashi-Muromachi 3-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0022
Toray International, Inc.
Global Strategy & Coordination Dept.
- In instances where we must pay fees for postage for replying to customers, fees may be charged.
VI. Changes to the Policy
Toray International will review and amend the policy above mentioned on the handling of the personal information of customers in accordance with relevant legislative amendments.
End of page